Tuesday, December 16, 2014

A Simple Woman's Daybook 12~16~14

For today ...  Tuesday, December 16, 2014


Outside my window ...  it is early morning and still dark, also wet and will reach almost 50 degrees with more showers.  I didn't realize it was actually the month of April ...

I am thankful ... that this month, December (not April), is a two year anniversary for Barrel Racer being completely off meds and 100% seizure free.

I am thinking ...  of a 12 year old friend going into surgery today at Cincinnati's Children's Hospital.  Please pray for this young man, Dakota, who is fighting to overcome severe seizures he is experiencing daily.  Having dealt with this medical issue on a smaller scale with Barrel Racer, my heart goes out to him and his family.

I am creating ...  a heart that desires to obey and follow Him in all I do.

I am wearing ... fleece pjs with a coffee cup design.

I am going ... out with my mama mother-in-law this evening for coffee and a bookstore visit.  I'm really looking forward to it ~ I need some 'fresh air.' (Mother dumped me for Christmas shopping - as if it being the week before Christmas and she having no gifts is important or something! Glad Granny can join me!)

I am wondering ... if the music I chose for my blog is pleasant to readers, or irksome?  I so want it to be a blessing as it's an eclectic mix of  music I really like.  Plus, can y'all believe I even figured out how to add music here?!!  :)

I am reading ... KJ Bible - Job (study with my daughters); Beautiful Girlhood - Revised by Karen Andreola (study with my daughters); and I'm eyeing How To Teach Your Children Shakespeare - Ken Ludwig (I really, really want this book).

I am hoping  praying ... for  Dakota, immediate family relationships, the heartbeat of our country, and for Jesus to return ASAP!

I am looking forward to ...  baking with my girls Fri, Sat, and Sun!

I am learning ... that when one teaches, two learn (how's that coming from a homeschooler?  It is so true!)

Around our home ... I have empty decoration boxes that need to be taken out of the dining room and stored until all Christmas items are ready to be packed away for another year, laundry to wash/dry (this is a process as we don't own a dryer by choice), laundry to put away from a few days ago (I'm not doing a very good job of staying on top of my chores), and some dusting.

In the kitchen ... I smell fresh brewed coffee.  Mmm ...

I am pondering ... Blogger ... how do you Blogger bloggers get your pics to fit correctly on the page layout?  Also, I'm still contemplating lesson plans for next year.  I thought I had found the perfect history rich in literature curric that if done completely would provide a credit each in history, lit, and theology.  However, after further digging I see this curriculum has a reformed slant.  Reformed slant in Calvinism.  That won't work for us as we know the KJ Bible teaches us that Jesus Christ came as a Saviour for ALL of us, not a predestined select few.  This is why John 3:16 is so important to understand.  God DOES love the world, and He desires that none shall perish.  We have a choice, and out of His true love for all, He gave us that freedom of choice.  And this leads me to one more thought to ponder ... why don't Christians understand the importance of being in their Bible daily on their own?  This not only solidifies your personal relationship with God, helps you to better know Him, but it is following 2 Timothy 2:15 (look it up and know this is also a protection for you as a believer in deciding if doctrine being preached stands up Biblically or not.  This is how I realized the slant in the curriculum I'm looking into).  Anyway, I wonder if we should still go ahead with the curriculum and use what is Biblically wrong as discussion points ... ?  I need to get with Farmer on this for his input/guidance.

A favorite quote for today ...  "Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."  ~ William Butler Yeats

Scripture ...  Psalm 73:26 - My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever. 

One of my favorite things ... Coming inside our home on a blustery, cold winter's day and finding myself greeted by a delicious aroma wafting from the oven, fires glowing, candles beckoning one to sit and simply enjoy the warmth of the moment.  I try to create this scenario for my girls after they've been outside either taking care of farm chores or simply enjoying the day God has blessed us with.  I like to have a warm snack coming from the oven ready for them, maybe coca too (depends ... if it's homemade chocolate chip cookies giving off that delicious smell, then a glass of ice cold milk better accompany those cookies).  I have made my fair share of parenting mistakes, at times huge ones, but I so pray that my efforts such as what I just described is where my love for them will shine through and will cultivate memories of a happy cozy  home and of a mama who treasures and loves them dearly.  For life.

A few plans for this week ... coffee with mama Granny this evening, a special outing Thursday (shhh ... it's a surprise), and I still haven't wrapped gifts ~ no, not one ... argh!  Farmer gets to have some time with friends of his own finally, so the girls and I will be home baking, decorating Christmas cookies Friday evening and over the weekend I will start early preparations for our Christmas meal.  We are having Thanksgiving all over again here and I need to get that turkey thawing!  I think it's apropos to have a Thanksgiving meal again at Christmas time, I mean we should be thankful for the birth of our Saviour, Jesus!

A picture to share ...  I have two ~

 Farmer surprised the girls by outlining the entrance to our horse barn with red rope lights and stringing a few white lights from the horse barn to our bank barn.


  Even in a Christmas Village our girls choose to display something to do with a farm!



Thank you so much for visiting with me today and reading my daybook.  I hope you leave my blog feeling encouraged, warm and cozy, and motivated to post a daybook for yourself!  If you'd like to read more daybooks and/or start your own, you can do so by visiting The Simple Woman's Blog!

Please visit again!  

In Him~

Homesteader Sandi

7 comments:

  1. I like the music on your page!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! Thank you, Jodi! And thank you for stopping by - I hope you visit again. I also hope you too have a blessed week!! :)
      In Him~
      Sandi

      Delete
  2. I can't hear your music because I am on a computer at work without speakers!!!!!!!
    Praise the Lord for BR being med free for 2 years! that is so awesome!
    when you insert a picture. click on it in the post. A bar will come up where you can choose the size or whether you want it on the left, center, or right of your post.
    I can feel the homieness of your place through this post! Wish I could come sit by your fire and enjoy a cup of tea with ya! Enjoy your baking time with the girls! And yes, my hubby always says that before he brings a message to the church it has spoken or taught him something FIRST! :)
    Hope you have a wonderful time with Granny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, no speakers could go either way depending on if you liked my selections or not! Ha! :)
      M, thank you for being you - you are such a treasure and I love how you share in other's praises. Thank you for blogger tips, I'll see if I can align my pics that stick out all over the place! Hey, how is your husband doing? Even during my disappearances I have kept him in prayer. I hope all is well and a clean slate. Coffee was fun, had a peppermint mocha, treat from Granny! The bookstore was a disappointment though, it's tiny and just last week we were at a Barnes & Nobles in Dayton, so I think I was looking for a larger selection to browse through! Ah well, I'd rather live smaller and go visit the larger stuff! Here's to farm life! I hope your midweek is awesome!!
      ((hugs)) ~Sandi

      Delete
  3. Hello Sandi, Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I have enjoyed my visit here with you. You have created a lovely space in the land of blog, just as you are creating a lovely place for your family...a secure place, if you will Psalm 73:26 is one of my very most favorite verses...to think that the God of the universe is my portion forever causes me to ponder for a very long time. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Dianna, I couldn't agree more. It is almost overwhelming, isn't it? And yet such a relief and blessing. I truly feel, I mean deeply feel for those who do not know our wonderful Saviour. Thank you for your kind (and encouraging) words. I hope you visit again!
      In Him~
      Sandi

      Delete
  4. Sandi, I love that your dh decorated the barn for your girls! And your Christmas village is so nice! how is Dakota now? I am praying for him, and hope all will be well. Your favourite thing is also one of mine, but alas, it is April here as well. When April comes I will likely be so fed up with the lingering snow, that I will be moaning about it! I need to start my baking and hope these boys leave some until Christmas! I so enjoy your blog! And yes, you can click left, right or centre, I centre my photos, and you can also click on the size you want them ( I think mine are small). So glad to read that BR has been seizure free! What a blessing!! And...your music is just fine! Sometimes I listen to music other times I don't, so either way is good!

    ReplyDelete